Is this the crank up jack I need

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

Here's a photo of the plate I got from Terry @FWC. I just put the tripod feet on both ends.
Scoobydoobydoowhereareyou.jpg

#32 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:21 PM

Here's how it works

#33 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:55 PM

And you can get the clips here:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sales Order
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Duckworks - PO Box 10 - Harper, TX 78631
Fax: 8308644197

http://www.duckworks...sc/sd491341-53/

ORDERED ITEMS:
SD-491353 - 1-1/2 inch Rubber Pole Storage Clips
Qty: 2 at $1.89 ................................................ $3.78

CHARGES:
Total: $3.78
Choose Correct Region for Shipping/Handling: USA $5.50
Sales Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: ................................................... $9.28

We appreciate your business. If you have any questions or want to make changes, please reply to this email: duckbbs@gmail.com

#34 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,628 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:20 AM

Bob, nice video and info. What is the retracted length of your speaker crank? Mine is too long for the front lift. Also, where did you get the rubber foot for the bottom?

Thanks again!

I am haunted by waters

#35 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:36 AM

I'll try to remember to measure later but you can estimate based on the end of the video. The rubber feet came from my tripod

#36 sjsbreeze

sjsbreeze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:38 PM

I saw the speaker that was posted on line. it's recommended weight carrying capacity was only 80 pounds. My fourwheel camper dealer said it should lift 150 pounds....any problems you guys had with the smaller one?

#37 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,228 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:08 PM

The manufacturer rated capacity of the On-Stage Speaker stand that I use is 80 lbs.  I have never had a problem with it but I read somewhere another person had the gear teeth grind off metal due to weight and the crank up mechanism had to be repaired or replaced as I recall.

The jack is only lifting a portion of the whole roof at a time and I would be surprised if the weight at the lift point of the roof of my Keystone model were much over 80 pounds (but perhaps on that order).

Here is a link to the model I use:

http://www.guitarcen...peaker-Stand.gc

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#38 OutbacKamper

OutbacKamper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationKelowna, BC, Canada

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:40 PM

Mine just arrived on Friday. It is model # SS8800B+ and the specs say it is rated to 100lb and the height is listed at 47"-80".

I ordered mine through Amazon.ca from Axe Music in Alberta for $118.95CDN + free shipping. I am very impressed with the supplier, it arrived in 2 days and came with a bunch of free gifts (candy, stickers, T shirt, etc). The tripod is easily removable with a wrench and philips screwdriver (no rivets to drill out).

I have tried the lift with my Makita screw gun & 1/4" nut driver - it sure worked well on the unloaded camper roof. I have even found  a use for one of the tripod legs; I intend to install a rubber foot on both ends of the leg and use it as a removable spreader bar for the top of my new 6' folding step ladder, so I can lean the ladder against the side of the camper when loading kayaks.

#39 kmacafee

kmacafee

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:54 PM

On my Eagle, I was concerned about the strength of the wood cross pieces.  So I got some aluminum stock, about 1/8 thick and cut to the size of the wood cross pieces.  They were placed behind the wood so they are invisible and add a lot of strength to the process.

I also use wood blocks in the rear to raise the speaker stand up high enough to lift the top.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users